To be eligible for grants from the Foundation, organizations must:
- Have non-profit tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan or Westport
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measurable outcomes
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative responsibility
The First County Bank Foundation does not support the following: Individuals; Capital/Endowment Campaigns; Fundraising Events; Sponsorship Opportunities; Trips/Tours/Conferences; Deficit Spending/Debt Liquidation; Religious organizations, unless stated program is for the benefit of the community; Private/Parochial Schools; Organizations that discriminate in any way; Organizations not open to the public; Political causes
Funds are distributed annually to nonprofit organizations that support community and economic development; increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life and educational enrichment for families and children. Standard Grant Application Forms are accepted from January 1st to March 31st each year. You may download a printable Standard Grant Application form.
CommunityFirst Grant Program Forms are accepted from January 1st to December 31st for grant requests of:
- $2,500 and under (if your organization supports community or economic development or children and families)
- $1,000 and under (if your organization falls outside of the grant parameters)
Applications to the Community First Grant Program are reviewed quarterly. We will contact you as soon as a decision is made.
Applicants should send completed Grant Application Forms to:First County Bank Foundation, Inc.
100 Prospect Street, 4th Floor
Stamford, CT 06901
Attn: Katherine Harris
Vice President, First County Bank Foundation, Inc.