To be eligible for grants from the Foundation, organizations must:
- Have non-profit tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan or Westport
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measurable outcomes
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative responsibility
The First County Bank Foundation does not support the following: Individuals; Capital/Endowment Campaigns; Fundraising Events; Sponsorship Opportunities; Trips/Tours/Conferences; Deficit Spending/Debt Liquidation; Religious organizations, unless stated program is for the benefit of the community; Private/Parochial Schools; Organizations that discriminate in any way; Organizations not open to the public; Political causes.
Our priority areas of focus are programs that:
- Support community and economic development such as job skills training and placement, initiatives to promote independence and self-sufficiency, meeting food, clothing, health and shelter needs, senior services and family support programs
- Increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life including supportive and transitional housing, housing rehabilitation programs and first time homebuyer initiatives
- Provide educational enrichment for families and children including mentoring programs, summer activities, funding for college classes and parenting classes
- Special consideration will be given to those agencies/programs benefiting low-to-moderate income populations in our market.
- Grant requests supporting specific programs will be given priority over requests for general operating support.
- While all grant requests are considered, the average standard grant amount awarded is in the range of $2,500 to $5,000.
CommunityFirst Grant Program Forms are accepted from January 1st to December 31st for grant requests of:
- $2,500 and under (if your organization supports community or economic development or children and families)
- $1,000 and under (if your organization falls outside of the grant parameters)
Applications to the Community First Grant Program are reviewed quarterly. We will contact you as soon as a decision is made.
Applicants should send completed Grant Application Forms to:First County Bank Foundation, Inc.
117 Prospect Street
Stamford, CT 06901
Attn: Karen Kelly
Vice President, First County Bank Foundation, Inc.